Races are both an exciting and jitter-inducing event. They can oftentimes cause what I like to call “brain farts” and leave you hanging on your 26.2 miles without headphones or a hydration pack (face palm). So I’ve created a race day checklist that provides you with all the items to consider before taking off for your race. Want a designed and beautiful printable version to stick to the fridge? Click here!
- Pull out your outfit and put it in the bathroom for quick changing:
- running top
- running bottoms
- GPS watch
- socks & shoes
- sport’s bra
- Pack your hydration bag:
- fill up bottles/bladders and put them in the fridge overnight
- water additives
- toilet paper
- Pack your “dump bag” with any items you might need at the start of the race:
- water bottle
- extra snack (a banana is a good one)
- extra safety pins
- anti-chaffing cream
- Race confirmation print off
- Pin your racing bib to your outfit (or add it to the “dump bag”)
- Pack your “car bag” for recuperating after the race:
- handheld roller like The Stick or Tiger Tail
- compression socks
- water bottle
- easy on the stomach snacks
- flip flops/sandals
- a change of clothes if it’s an extra hot or extra cold race
- baby wipes
- Change into racing outfit – make sure bib is attached or in your “dump bag” with safety pins.
- Wake up early enough to eat something and drink a full glass of water.
Right Before You Leave:
- Make sure you have directions to the drop off or parking area.
- Double check your dump bag and car bag and add any missing items.
Did we miss something? Tell us in the comments below so we can add it to our Ultimate Race Day Checklist!