A few of these hacks you may have seen before, a few you probably haven’t. This is a list of things I actually do and use on a regular basis, hopefully you find one that is useful to you! If you have a few of these unusual but super useful runner hacks add them to the comments below!
- Bobby Pins – use a bobby pin to secure your headphones to your shirt, then tuck the rest underneath your shirt so it is out of the way and not mindlessly flapping in the wind.
- Hair Tie – loop your car key through a hair tie and then attach the hair tie to your sports bra strap. This is safer then keeping it on your shoe, and if you tuck it into the bra you won’t even notice it is there.
- Baby Wipes – keep a stash of baby wipes in your car for after those long sweaty runs. This way you can quickly wash off some of the salty sweat and grime from the trails. It also helps keep your skin from breaking out.
- Tennis Ball – instead of spending money on a little doo-hicky for rolling your feet out, but a tennis ball on the floor and roll your foot over the top of it. This helps stretch out your arch and makes your feet feel great the next day!
- Audio Book – invest in an audio-book and start listening while you go on your long runs. You’ll be surprised at how much shorter these runs feel when you have an engaging story to listen to the whole time.
- Waterproof Bags – ensure that your electronics are safe from too much sweat by placing them in a waterproof bag before stashing them in your bra, your flip belt, hydration pack, or pocket. I happened to find these ones and think they work pretty well.